Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Our very own podcast!!

First off I would like to say that I thought everyone did a great job doing the podcast especially since it was a first for many of us. There will always be improvement no matter what. I could not listen to my podcast since it was has not been downloaded to the internet yet. But I do remember a few things that I could have fixed for my self; first of all I was really nervous for a reason I am not sure, and secondly I had a few mess ups that I could have fixed by talking slower and gathering more thoughts before I spoke. I thought Crystal Powell’s and my podcast should have been more conversational and not just a bunch of thoughts from one person.

The first podcast that I watched was Susan Smith, Bridget Thompson-Hall and Angela Minish discussing ALEX and ACCESS, two new programs of the Alabama Department of Education. I felt that this was a very well in-depth podcast but I feel that it could have been more conversational which would have made it more interesting to listen to. There were a few bumps in the road but they are easy ones to fix for the next time. Great Job Ladies!!

The second podcast I listened to was Rachael Beaty, Keller Weathers, and Joye Wiggins discussing some of the blogs they have found being used in schools in the United States. They provide details about how the blogs are used and how they might be helpful to other teachers using, or planning to use blogs, in their classrooms. This was the first podcast of the night and I felt they started us of to a very good start. In this podcast I liked the conversational style I just think they should have used it a lot more. I also think the “um’s” need to try and be cut out. Maybe instead of saying “um”, pause for a second for regrouping your thought. This was a great podcast nice job ladies!!

The last podcast I listened to was Ashley Corley, Brooke Busby and Kimberly Pierce discussing their experiences in blogging and share their ideas on how blogs can be used in the classroom. Again I feel that these ladies could have had a more conversational style instead of just reading straight from what they had written and read off the paper. That being said great job!!

Last but not least I would like to let everyone know that we all did an awesome job and there will always be room for improvement. Keep up the great work and good luck to you all in the future.

2 comments:

Jennifer Averitt said...

Excellent self evaluation. Keep up the good work.

Joye said...

Thanks:) You guys did a great job too!