Sunday, November 23, 2008

What I learned!!!

I have found this class very helpful and informational. I have enjoyed every minute of it and learning about the different types of technology that can be used in a classroom today. Half of the things we had to do for this class I had no idea what they were or how they worked such as: podcasting, blogging, and the different technologies that are available for blind people. I never knew that I could use blogs in my classroom. I will be using blogging in my classroom since it is an easy way to keep in touch with students for assignments and just to let them know upcoming events and also to keep in touch with their parents and to inform them of what is going on. I had no idea before this class what podcasting was. I have learned a lot about it and it will be a helpful tool to use in my classroom for lectures so if students are not able to come to class they have some where to look and listen to the lecture of that day. I am hoping to be able to use some or even all of these technologies in my future classroom so my students have every opportunity to be successful in their educational quest. I really enjoyed this semester in this class and learning all the different technologies and how they work. There were a few flaws but nothing is ever going to be perfect. There are some suggestions I would like to let others do in the future for this class. First thing is for the podcasting presentation you need to practice a lot before the day of the presentation and it is not as bad as you think it will be don’t be nervous giving your presentation your pretty much talking to a microphone. Haha!! Second is for the ACCESS Lab assignment try and go as a class and not just a couple students going every other week. This will help the teacher be more consistent with what they are telling us.

This was a great semester!! Thank you Mrs. Averitt. I enjoyed having you as my teacher.

1 comment:

Jennifer Averitt said...

Great Job Kelsey. You all made my job easier, especially when I had such a great class. 'GO JAGS!'