Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Accessible for All Presentation

On October 2nd our EDM 310 had the opportunity to have a wonderful guest speaker Mr. Sullivan come in and talk to us about “Accessibility for All.” Mr. Sullivan was very knowledgeable about what he talked to us about. I found his speech very interesting and I learned about a lot of technology that I have never heard of before. He also brought some of the technologies that he was talking to us about. One that really stands out to me was the keyboard thing with Braille at the bottom of it. I am not sure of the correct name. Deaf and Blind people can do all of the same things the seeing and hearing people can just with some modifications.

I will take what I have learned from Mr. Sullivan’s presentation and use it in my own classroom. I also learned from this presentation that you need to make all your websites accessible for everyone

No comments: