Wednesday, October 8, 2008

PoDcAsT

The first podcast I listened to was smartboard lesson 146. The podcasters were Ben Hazzard and Joan M. Badge. They were very funny and energetic which made it fun to listen to also the music at the beginning was a good attention getter. This podcast was about clouds, stars, and saints. They say saints elevated above us and the clouds were sheltering us from the stars. For the first five minutes of this podcast they talked more about their lives and later in the podcast they talked about the white board challenge. This sounds more like talk radio to me and I am not to fond about listening to talk radio.

The second podcast I listened to was Connect Learning Episode 99. Again the music was a good attention getter. David Wallack was the podcaster talking with Ann Krembs the Libranian for the school in Boomba, India. David asks Ann how to describe her virtual library web page. Ann talks about how she got 3 students together to help her design the web page. She wanted the students to be able to take the physical library and put it onto the virtual library web page. Ann and the students wanted the virtual library web page to look some what similar to facebook since alot of students used facebook. This podcast had a good flow but it was kinda hard for me to understand and hear what the podcasters were talking about because there was alot of background noise. So I know now when I do my podcast assignment to make sure there isnt any noise in the background that could distract the listener from hearing.

The third podcast I listened to was EdTechTalk. Yet another great attention getter but it was very difficult for me to comprehend what the podcasters were talking about because they were talking really fast and it seemed like they were talking to close to the microphone so it sounded more like mumbling to me. This podcast was about welcoming conversations. It discussed the role of parents in education and how the parents and teachers should be involved in their child/students activities.

The fourth podcast I listened to was MacBreak Weekly. To me this sounded like a news channel. It featured four gentlemen that talked about a variety of things such as: camreas, economic and politically stuff.

Before listening to these podcasts I had no idea what they were I thought they were going to more like movies. Now I know what I need to do when I do my own podcast assignment. I learned some negative things which not to do and some really good tips to use during my podcast assignment.

2 comments:

Jennifer Averitt said...

Excellent. I'm glad to hear that you now have a better idea of what to expect from your own podcast next week.

Crystal Powell said...

Yeah, I definitely feel a little better about the podcast assignment. It seems really casual, as long as you have all of your information together.